Fabric (45" wide):
2 ¼ yds printed (front) fabric
2 ¼ yds solid (back) fabric
2 ¼ yds quilt batting (a queen size bag of batting will make 2 quillows)
- Prewash fabrics.
- Cut 19" square from each fabric for pillow.
- Square off cut ends of each fabric. You do not need to trim salvages of the fabric.
- Cut batting pieces to size of pillow and quilt.
- First for pillow then for quilt, place fabric right sides together on batting. Stitch ½" seams, leaving an opening for turning (8" for pillow, 12" for quilt). Trim corners and excess batting off.
- Turn pillow and quilt right sides out and slip-stitch openings shut.
- Quilt a diamong shape on pillow to stabilize batting.
- Pin pillow on back side of quilt centered at bottom edge, back side of pillow facing out. If your fabric print has an up/down direction, top of pillow should be aligned with bottom of quilt. Stitch through three sides of pillow. Continue 2 straight lines of quilting from pillow sides to top edge of quilt.
- That is all the quilting that is necessary -- enjoy your quillow
- Fold the quilt into thirds lengthwise.
- Turn pillow inside out, encasing ends.
- Fold quilt-end into thirds and stuff pillow: